Give Your Loved One The Gift of A Safe, Happy & Enjoyable Life in Their Later Years
When the time comes for your loved one to need full time residential care it can be very difficult and distressing for everyone.
You may feel a little guilt that you can no longer cope with looking after them at home, even though you want to. You might also have concerns over paying for the care and that your loved one won’t be looked after as well in a care home as you look after them at home.
And let’s face it, no one really wants to move into a care home so your loved one might even refuse to go, despite the obvious need.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way.
Choose The Right Home & Both You & Your Loved One Will Be Happy
Wouldn’t it be great if you could find a care home that looks after your loved one with the same loving care that you do? A home where they’ll fit right in, make new friends and actually really enjoy life.
That’s what you’ll find at Lumb Valley.
How Full Time Residential Care At Lumb Valley Will Benefit Your Loved One
We believe at Lumb Valley we’ve created the ideal environment for your elderly loved one to re-discover their joy in life and to get the best out of their later years.
- We’re a small community where everyone knows each other and looks out for each other - Lumb Valley's small 19 bed size means that all the staff know all the residents and all the residents know each other.
There’s a genuine community feel to the place and this really helps our residents to enjoy life more, especially if they’ve previously lived alone for a number of years and have been unable to get out much.
It can be quite a revelation and many residents comment they wish they’d moved in much earlier!
- The home has a familiar friendly style, just like their own home - Chances are your loved one doesn't live in a huge house and wouldn’t feel particularly at home in one. Large corporate ‘Travel Lodge’ style homes may seem attractive to us, the younger generation, because we’re used to them.
However, for mum or dad they can seem like large, anonymous, intimidating, institutional style buildings that are a world away from what they’re used to.
They’re so big that you can’t get to know everyone and rattling down those long corridors to see those you do know can be a real chore.
They’ll feel much more at home with the cosy, comfortable, traditional feel of the rooms at Lumb Valley where everything is easily accessible and you don’t need a walkie talkie just to hold a conversation across the living room!
- We employ Nice People. We don’t employ people To Be Nice - Your loved one needs to know like and trust our staff members completely if they are to feel comfortable in letting them care for them - and so do we.
So, we have a stringent, in-depth recruitment procedure to ensure that only the most caring and understanding of individuals get to care for your loved one. They are selected not because they want a job, rather because caring for people is their vocation.
This is truly important and often over looked in larger homes where there is often a regular turnover of staff and high pressure to recruit and fill a large workforce.
- Your loved one will never have to endure the indignity of Agency Staff - Agency staff are temporary staff that are recruited and supplied by an outside company to come into a care home to provide short term staff cover.
This means that a complete stranger may very well end up helping your loved one with intimate tasks such as bathing leaving them feeling very uncomfortable, exposed and embarrassed.
At Lumb Valley we never use agency staff as we believe that the bond of friendship and trust built up between our residents and staff is too precious and important to be violated.
- They’ll enjoy great fun activities in this country haven - There’s always something fun and engaging for your loved one to get involved in at Lumb Valley Care Home.
We don’t need a much of an excuse for a party and have had great fun with
Wimbledontennis days with lots of strawberries and cream and Derby
We pride ourselves on providing friendship and helping our residents to regain their independence and enjoyment of life through providing daily activities that they used to like but have stopped doing recently. Things like visiting the shops, doing arts and crafts, playing bingo or even popping down to the local pub.
And of course there's always the stunningly beautiful countryside which is almost as enjoyable to look at as it is to walk in.
- Mouth-watering home cooking - Then there’s the delicious mouth watering food which everyone looks forward to. Our cook might not have any fancy cooking qualifications or catering college degrees, just a lifetime of preparing tasty nutritious meals for her family.
So at Lumb Valley your loved one will continue to enjoy some of the most important things in life: friendship, fun and true home cooking at it’s best - the way it’s always been done!
What To Do Now
We hope you feel this brief introduction to the home shows how Lumb Valley will provide your loved one with a warm, friendly, safe and fun environment and truly exceptional care. However, the best way to see if Lumb Valley is right for you is to come and see for yourself.
You’re very welcome to visit any time and the kettle is always on so why not pop in and take a look. If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment with the Home Manager for a confidential chat about your requirements, please call us on 01706 300071 or click on the button below to send us a message.
We look forward to meeting you!